Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A tree grows in my vestibule

Literally, there is a tree in my vestibule. Of course, it's been stripped, bleached, dyed, and bound into these otherwise useless phone books, but hot damn, it's still a tree!

I hear the internet is losing steam and people are flocking back to "the good 'ole" methods of communication. Letter writing and newspapers are in - blogs (oh no!) and emails are out.

Just as the 80s have unfortunately returned in popular fashions and music, so too have these remnants of a bygone era come back to haunt us. I'm thinking about exchanging my energy-saving car for a gas-guzzling American car and moving out to a suburb - God's land!


To be honest, though, were I not a sarcastic bitch, I probably would have picked up one of those phone books just to say I owned one.

No comments: