Saturday, December 27, 2008

Where nobody knows your name



I was in the car coming back from my sister's ice skating rink, when the radio had an uber-gay moment. They played back-to-back Womanizer, Lady Gaga (Just Dance), and Circus.

I realized, in that moment, while my sister sang along (she doesn't know the words) that I need to go clubbing. I need some hot, sweaty, random glee in my life, the likes of which I only find in dance clubs.

Really, if I could go anywhere, it would be this great "new" dance club in north DC called, "Town." Side note: I like how winner-clubs are one-word now. We're obviously too stupid to remember two-word titles.

It's one of the largest gay clubs in the city. On the one hand, it's not in the typical gay-ghetto, Dupont Circle, which features club "Apex" - a respectable club that's good for drag. On the other hand, it's so much happier, more energized, and... well, gay.

Plus, the men are at least 10 year younger there than anywhere else. It's a club made for circuit boys.



So yeah - if I don't get some clubbing in my system immediately, I'm going to lose my mind. Please deposit sweaty man-grind into my life, kthxbai.

No comments: