Sunday, November 16, 2008

A comment on reputation


Another wise blogger, Sean, who I won't directly link for his privacy has been writing lately about reputation and notoriety, especially on a college campus. I can respect his opinion most because I think he's one of the few people on campus with as bad a reputation as mine.

I think we do have a very subtle difference between the two of us - his is mostly undeserved (mostly, at least), while mine is pretty much very accurate. The things I hear about me from word of mouth suck and make me feel pretty low... but you know what? They are 100% true.

It seems that in my first year or so at school, I have made a very not-so-good name for myself. The token gay, the well-known slut, and the pretentious douche. While I hate these titles (or any version of them), I can't rebel against them so much because they are mostly accurate.

---------


So I'm going to jump the gun on New Year's this time with a resolution: Fix yourself up.

My name isn't worth much these days because of what I've done in the past, but we're going to turn that around. My in the past month have been so reckless and cavalier that I don't even recognize myself anymore.

Turning over a new leaf starts... now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the character judgement and good luck un-whoring yourself.