Thursday, November 20, 2008

Oh my God, Hell no!


So I got up today, went to class, etc. Nothing interesting there.

When I came home, however, I had the strangest urge to listen to Jesus-music. I'm talking about semi-rock, semi-pop Christian singing, etc. I don't know what provoked it, but I just wanted to hear something comforting.

In the previous days when I was a Christian (even one of those evangelical types), I used to listen to this stuff all the time to feel better. Obviously now, I may not see eye-to-eye with most of what the Church teaches, but I still enjoy the songs. The beats are clean, the words are inspirational, and the ideas are still pure.

So while I don't think Michael W. Smith or Casting Crowns intended for me to use their Jesus-mix to get myself out of a homosexual-funk/mood I've found myself in... by God, they sure as Hell will now!

I also put the music back on my iPod - I think that's some sort of a sign or something. I can tell you, though, that the last place anyone should expect to find me is in a church.

2 comments:

Alex said...

Oh my god, I thought I was the only ex-Evangelist homo that adored all things Christian pop. Reliant K and Switchfoot were my personal forms of addiction.

Mr. Know-It-All said...

Oh honey, no. It's so happy and oddly fruity. Plus, if you take out all the God references, then it sounds like they are singing about other men.

Don't tell them though - it'll be our little secret ;)