Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Connect in Connecticut


Gay Marriages Begin in Connecticut -- LISA W. FODERARO
November 12, 2008, NYTimes

Marriages began today in Connecticut, and good for them! It's interesting to see the difference in events this week. CT gets more rights... and CA doesn't.

Side note: I'm thinking about going to a protest at Boston City Hall this Saturday at 1:30 to protest Proposition 8. Part of me says that it's good to show solidarity and political activism - plus, there are nearly 4,000 people that are already going (on facebook, meaning 5 will actually show up).

On the other hand, does voicing an opinion in the only state to offer same-sex marriage help at all 3,000 miles away? Not sure...

... if I can find someone to go with (meaning not by myself), I will definitely go. At least for a while.

No comments: