Wednesday, February 11, 2009

100th post + celebration!

It's only fitting that the 100th post celebration be of the same spirit as some news I have to share - happy, but not completely consequential (just yet).

It seems that I have, finally, made it through a hundred meaningless, unimportant, but somewhat interesting snippets from my life. You are now a hundred-times more aware of the subtleties of my life. Those 252 active visitors that read this blog from as far away as Saudi Arabia and Sudan are now that much more enriched with my gaiety.

Maybe those are poor closeted gays, looking to express themselves through the blogs they read... maybe it's just the Saudi government keeping an eye on me just in case.
Anyway - now the news!

A few days ago, I finally asked Wren to go to Britney with me. For those that missed this point, I got Britney tickets for when she's in Boston on March 16. They were a gift for my birthday, and I have two... one for me, and one for a special friend.

I must say that it took forever to convince him to go. He felt bad about taking such a gift from me, and it was only when I reminded him that they had been a gift to me anyway that he decided to go. I can see it in his eyes. Like every gay, his heart burns for cheap divas that sing awesome music post-going-crazy-and-shaving-your-head-to-avoid-a-drug-test-during-custody-hearings.

Win.

This weekend, on V-Day, we're going to dinner and then seeing a commentary on the human condition as it relates to American consumerism.

It's a serious film for serious people, you see. Should be good and funny. Wow, and I thought I was going to spend V-Day getting drunk in my room and listening to Joni Mitchell.

Here's to fucking your brains out cute dinner-dates.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure hope Britney comes my way to Melbourne for a show or two. OHHH That's right, The only 'Diva' who knows where Australia is...is P!nk and in the past, Cher!

Pink is doing 8, EIGHT Melbourne shows this time, gotta love her dedication!

Anyway, have fun at Britney. Say hi!

OLD said...

Britney's my home-girl - she just came over for some acrylic nails and Paula Deen recipes.

She says hi back :P

Anonymous said...

who is wren??

OLD said...

See the column on the right side of the blog with all the characters and brief descriptions :)

In short: he's the boy.