Sunday, February 1, 2009

Interchangeable "parts"


Today, I attended a Superbowl party with Rainman and his new beau. I feel like this new boy needs a name... some form of identification as I think he's going to be around for a while. Him and his twitch. Hey - that's his name.

(( Side note: I'm trying so hard to hate this kid right now, but he's so friendly, cute, and intelligent. He's someone I want to hate, but can't. Screw Twitch. ))

So yes - I was at the Superbowl thing today, and Twitch was there. I'm glad I told Rainman to invite him (which he probably would have anyway). It's finally become cemented in my mind that Twitch is perfect for Rainman, at least for now. It's adorable in fact.

When we arrived, they were baking a cake together. More about that in another post (it was disgusting). They were doing it together, and when I tried to help, Rainman shunned me, saying, "We got it already." When we were watching TV, I kept catching them patting or touching hands... the way we used to before.

Rainman has made it clear that Twitch is not replacing me. He's been ardent about it, declaring it with great fervor.

I get it, though - I know I've been replaced. I'm actually quite honored that I've been followed up by such a reputable and friendly person. He's very attractive and a good guy.

It's just... weird. I know, for example, that as I type this, they are probably in bed together. He's in my spot where I used to sleep. And that... sucks.

Oh well - I'm happy for him. And as I've said, I'm moving on and letting him do his thing. I've been retreated to the back burner now. I'm second class. I'm now just "the friend." Upstaged. Finished.


God, just take me out to pasture and shoot me.

No comments: