Friday, January 16, 2009

Got butterflies?

I hung out with FitRec again today. This boy is sweet, good-looking, and he's a good catch. He's intelligent, competent, and he makes me laugh.

Can anyone tell me why, then, I'm still waiting for the spark? You know... that one that is supposed to ignite the fiery passions deep in your lower being (giggity).

I think my subconscious, despite how good he is on paper, doubts that he's the one. My brain is in "find your soulmate" mode, which is bad. It's probably all that fucking Love Actually-crap* I watched over break.

So now - do I go with my instincts which have previously led me astray... or do I give FitRec another chance? How sick is this though: whenever I think about FitRec... I immediately think about Rainman instead. And Mystery.


*Homo Knows and Mr. Know-it-all apologize to any Love Actually fans out there. He actually loved the movie, watched it literally six times over holiday break, and wants to marry someone that will give him witty, English babies.

No comments: