Tuesday, January 13, 2009

How dry is she?

Would-be Chinese bride, 107, seeks first husband
BEIJING (Reuters) – A 107-year-old Chinese woman who was afraid to marry when she was young has decided to look for her first husband and hopes to find a fellow centenarian so they will have something to talk about, a Chinese paper reported.

Wang Guiying is worried she is becoming a burden to her ageing nieces and nephews since breaking her leg when she was 102 and had to stop doing chores like washing her clothes.

"I'm already 107 and I still haven't got married," the Chongqing Commercial Times quoted her saying. "What will happen if I don't hurry up and find a husband?"

I'm glad to see that mankind's obsession with getting married isn't just an American thing - even southeast Asian countries have this Victorian fascination with saying vows.

That said, I think that's adorable. I wonder if she's still a virgin... a really old, crusty virgin.
-----------

Love-life update (brief): Had my date with FitRec, and that was good. Providence went abroad for research purposes until the end of January.

Mystery is good, and we have absolutely no definition. I fell out of contact with Numbers when I came back from DC. Visor has called often, but I don't know if I want to call him back.

(( For those of you keeping score at home, anyone in bold in the above update is a person's pseudonym. ))

No comments: